Monday, February 19, 2007

The Ebook - A Practical Solution

My house is full of books! I'm not talking just a few books here. I've been collecting hard back books since...well for nearly forty years! I should probably donate them to a good cause, like a senior citizen's center or something. Maybe one day I'll be able to do that. There's something comforting about having all those wonderful volumes on my bookshelves. But...I'm running out of space.


For several years, I bought paperbacks and then passed them on to others...well, except for the ones that I found extremely moving. **sigh**


Now with the expansion of ebooks and the quality of authors, including best-selling authors, I'm starting to collect these treasures. Recently, I purchased an ebook reader and I can download books, books, and more books. The best part is I can carry them with me anywhere I go. If we vacation, I can take as many as 80 books in one small package. It's a readers dream come true.


So, if you haven't tried the new technology...I encourage you to do so. Especially if you are as avid a reader as me.


My favorite place to purchase is Fictionwise. Yes...you can find my books there, too! And my short stories!



No comments: