Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Friends and Two Hour Lunches

Being in the company of writers inspires me to creativity. Being in the company of friends lifts my spirits. I get the best of both when my friend, Pat, and I get together for lunch. Being writers, we can talk about the craft, about the ups and downs, our insecurities, hopes and aspirations. We share things with each other that we may not have ever shared with anyone except our hubbies or family. We laugh and we wind up having to pay a healthy tip to the waitress to make up for the missed tips she'd have gotten if we hadn't occupied the booth or table for two hours during the busy Saturday lunch hour.

Life is great when you have a good friend.

Have you told your friends lately how much they mean to you?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: