Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Interview with Zack Stone...Joshua's Hope

Hello Zack. I'm so glad I finally tracked you down for the interview. You're a busy sheriff.

Not usually. We've had a more traffic through here lately. Lots of kids speeding through the mountains. Handing out tickets is what keeps me busiest. This is a normally peaceful part of the mountains, and I'm sure it'll be that way once the novelty wears off.

Were you born and raised here in Pine Cove?

Born, raised until I was twelve. Then my folks moved to Florida to help my grandma after grandpa died. I stayed there until a few years ago. Someone told me about the job for sheriff and I put in my bid. Won the election and here I am. I love it here.

I understand you were married before.

I was. My first wife died. I'd rather not talk about that.

Fair enough. How did you and Hope meet?

**a big grin crosses Zack's face.** We met during a rainstorm. She looked so lost, kind of like a kitten who'd fallen into a stream. I offered her a ride, and...**Zack laughs** Her feet were stuck in the mud. **More laughter** I lifted her up and she came right out of her shoes. She seemed so upset, that I went back and retrieved them for her. Imagine my surprise to learn who she was.

What do you mean?

You don't know?

No, but you've got my curiosty up.

I suppose I can tell you. It's published in the first chapter on Carol Ann's website anyway. I used to play in the creek behind her grandma's house. Hope visited during the summer. She had this head full of curls. I mean REALLY curly. We used to tease her and call her little poodle. That made her so mad. One day she hid behind a hedge and when I rode by on my bike she tossed tomatoes at me!

How funny! So you knew each other before you both moved to Pine Cove to stay.

Yep.

Hope had a rough way of it from what I hear. Bad first marriage.

The worst. I hated seeing the bruises when she came back from visiting Joshua. Then after her ex was murdered...and Hope became a suspect...well, yeah, she had a rough time.

But, you were there to help her.

I wish it had been that easy.

What happened?

Oh, no. Sorry. Hope would be mad at me if I revealed too much. But you can read our story soon. It'll be released by The Wild Rose Press in just a few weeks.

No comments: