Thursday, May 07, 2009

Help, Where Do I Live?

I reminded my hubby that I was going to be late coming home from work tonight because I am going to the hypnotist for my first session to help me lose weight. His response?

"How will you get home?"

I laughed. "What do you mean?"

"Will you be able to drive?"

"Sure. It's not going to have an anesthetizing effect."

"Well, I wasn't sure if you'd remember how to get home. Maybe you'll come in and not even know who I am."

Gotta love men.

Actually, I'm very excited about this opportunity. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I know the principles needed to lose weight, but I lack the will power. For instance, yesterday I had a box lunch at work. After four bites of the sub and a few bites of the macaroni salad, I was full. However, the food sat there and I felt that I needed to eat it. It tasted good, so I suppose it's a reward to stuff my body. But, in reality it's a punishment.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! Wish me good luck.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: