Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Waiting for Galleys


Finally all the changes have been made and my novel has been sent off to have the galleys completed. This is my first publishing experience in book length fiction and it has been very smooth, thanks to my wonderful editor, Ally Robertson. She had wonderful ideas and challenged me to work harder at pulling out a tightly written manuscript. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and I learned so much about my style, my weaknesses, and my strengths along the way. I'm getting very excited about seeing my book become available in The Wild Rose Press bookstore.

I've heard many stories from published friends about the hardships encountered in getting their manuscript ready for publication. I feel very fortunate! I cannot even describe the warm feelings I have from being associated with The Wild Rose Press! I'm so proud to be one of the authors for this new "softer approach" publisher.

I'll be keeping everyone abreast through my blog, so stay tuned. A publication date should be available soon! Once the book is available, I'll be running a fun contest where you can participate in naming the characters in my next novel! I'll be awarding the winner with an autographed copy of Hit and Run AND a matching bookmark. Be sure to check back for details.

Visit my website to read an excerpt from Hit and Run, a romantic suspense novel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting :)