Thursday, December 07, 2006

All I Want for Christmas...

It snowed this morning! Big beautiful flakes fell around me while I drove to work, so I had a smile on my face all day. I love the first really visible snow of the year. It didn't stick and the sun came out by mid morning, but it really put me in the Christmas spirit. Hubby brought out all the decorations and I'm going to put everything out this weekend. I decided to do something different with the tree this year. I bought wide gold ribbon to weave around it, and some red poinsettia bloom to add to the branches, some red cardinals, red spiky ornaments and gold snowflakes. Also bought several strands of gold beads. Now if it only turns out like I see it in my head...

Now that we have no little ones at home, Christmas morning is boring. Hubby and I usually buy what we want throughout the year, so for Christmas we agree to buy only things that will fit in our stockings. We have to get creative to find things that will go inside. I usually get my bar of chocolate, a watch, CD, stuff like that. This year I told hubby I wanted one of those hand held electronic Sudoku games. I even told him where to get it. He told me tonight that he was afraid he wouldn't get the right thing and I should just go buy myself one. I told him he'd have to come up with something else for my stocking then because I wouldn't buy my own presents. LOL! So we went out to eat and stopped at Target where I bought my Sudoku game. I promised my muse I would only play it at work on my lunch hour or after I'd finished my writing for the day. **grin**

So what do you want for Christmas this year?

No comments: