Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Books, Books, Books - Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I finished reading DEAR JOHN by Nicholas Sparks last night. It left me in tears. Nicholas Sparks has a way of bringing his characters to life, of pulling you right into the story and grabbing hold of your emotions. It's the story of John, a rebel bound for trouble, who finally joins the Army where in the old cliche, he learns to become a man. But for John, it's more than that. It's his journey to learning the truth behind his father's "indifference" over the years. Once he learns the reason for his father's dull and routine life, he learns to forgive and to love unconditionally. One woman, Savannah, the love of his life helps him on this journey. They plan to marry when John gets out of the service, but September 11, 2001 is a day that changes everything, for John re-enlists. How long will Savannah wait for him? Can he expect her to put their lives on hold while he puts his own life in danger? I won't give away the ending, but I recommend this book to anyone who loves a heart-tugging story of love, forgiveness, and learning. It's a keeper on my shelf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness. Sounds like I need to add this one to my TBR pile. It sounds wonderful!