Monday, March 05, 2007

Chat with the Doctor

Wednesday night the doctor called with the results of my blood tests. So, he says my blood sugar is high--meaning I'm prediabetic on the charts. Well, diggity dog. I've been reading the results of my lab tests for three years and wondering why he didn't say one word about the blood sugar being in the "danger" zone. At that same time I went to him and told him how terrible I felt. I was tired all the time, had no energy at all, and I was gaining weight and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't lose it. He put me through a bunch of expensive tests, heart, gall bladder, colonoscopy and then told me everything was normal. But, I still felt the same. Now he wants me to go have a 2 hour blood test. Not going to do that.

Instead, I purchased a book called THE SUGAR SOLUTION. In reading it, I find that all my symptoms are clearly described as a result of having high blood sugar. So, I'm following that diet and exercising more. I feel better already. Maybe because I decided to take control of my own health issue. I'm sure if I go have the 2 hour test, the next thing will be for him to medicate me.

I hate taking medicine, so I'm going to get this under control with diet and exercise. Then in six months we'll see how the blood test turns out. Sometimes you just have to diagnose yourself.

No comments: