Monday, March 03, 2008

Animal Planet Addiction

I'm hooked on all the shows on Animal Planet. Well, not all, but I love the Animal Cops, Animal Police, Chimp Eden... Some of the stories I see are heartbreaking and some heartwarming. Being an animal lover, these programs draw me like a magnet (pun intended).

Guess that explains why I drive a car with lots of muddy cat prints on the hood. Caring for fourteen feral cats is a heartwarming, heartbreaking, and wallet breaking undertaking. These animals go through twenty pounds of cat food a week. But they are dependent on us. All our neighbors complained about the cats but no one would do anything. If we hadn't taken action, there would be a lot more than fourteen. I'm happy to say that all our ferals are becoming friendly to us. They are very fat and have thick and healthy coats. One of ours has baby blue eyes and looks much like a ragdoll.

Tomorrow is our primary election day. I'll have to get my umbrella out since we are supposed to get a huge dump of rain. They moved our election spot back to the high school and I hate that. There is no place to park without walking a loooooooong way. And we have to contend with buses and all the kids who drive. **sigh** Still, I'll get up an hour early in order to hit the voting booth before work.

Hope you all have a good day! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you.. I'm totally addicted too!