Saturday, March 22, 2008

In the Dark...Waiting...

Today I look out my window at the gray dreary view. A fitting scene for this is the day Jesus remained sealed in the tomb in preparation for the glorious Easter morning when he rose.

The scene from my window depicts a universe in waiting. Symbolism? Certainly.

I, too, am in the dark...waiting...as if I'm holding my breath until the stone rolls away. Perhaps it's the season, the weather, or my spirit tuning into the sadness the disciples must have felt at His death.

Whatever is keeping me in my cave, I remain. Silent, staring at a blank screen, words elusive.

I wait for tomorrow, for the celebration of Jesus conquering death, for the celebration that I "am" because of Him. Because he died for me, I live. I believe.

And I wait...

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: