Thursday, October 02, 2008

Weird Insects...Part I

While we were camping, we saw a multitude of different colored caterpillars. Our site settled us in a very wooded area with acorn trees and walnut trees. The sound of falling nuts could become loud when they'd strike our gazebo or camper, sometimes creepy...especially at night.

Before we left, I snapped a picture of a strange, but cute, grasshopper of some kind. But while we were taking down the gazebo, we saw a "white caterpillar" and hubby started to lift it off. I stopped him before he touched it. It wasn't an ordinary caterpillar.

Instead it was furry white...with attached white wings with muted black striations. Additionally, it had fangs...big black fangs like a venomous spider. We knocked it to the ground with a stick and I took pictures. I've been searching the internet but I haven't found anything like it yet. Do you know what it might be?

Tomorrow I'll post pictures.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: