Friday, March 20, 2009

There's a Monster Under My Bed

There are things hiding in the dark, creatures in my closet, a monster under my bed, a boogey man outside my door. The love of suspense begins at an early age. As a child I loved to hear ghost stories. I would shiver and shake and crawl into bed too frightened to close my eyes. Once I awoke screaming because a blue ghost was after me.

I'm still frightened of the dark. I don't like to go outside my house once the sun has set. And at night I still wake up and hear something creeping around in the dark--most times it's one of my cats or my hubby heading off to get a drink of water.

As a writer, all my stories, no matter how sweet and simple I planned them to be, always turn out to be suspenseful. So, I give up. I'm definintely always going to be writing about the monsters under my bed.

During the upcoming week, I'm going to be sharing my insight into how to write a page-turning suspense by relating it to falling in love and sharing that very first kiss. So, please join me from March 23 through March 27 to learn more.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: