Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Do You Want Your Face to Freeze That Way?

When I was a little girl, my grandmother used to say things like "Do you want your face to freeze that way?" when I would pout or cry or give angry glares. My mother used to say it, too, so I suppose she heard it when she was small. I probably said the same thing to my kids. The curse is true.

I've noticed that when I'm sitting here writing my face is all tightened up like a prune. Not sure when it happened. I'm afraid to look in the mirror and see the results. I try to ease the muscles and relax, but in just seconds everything is tight again. It worsens when I'm "in the zone" and speeding through a scene.

I wish she'd given me a curse like this: "Do you want to be thin the rest of your life?" or "Do you want to make your living writing those stories?"

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: