Friday, July 10, 2009

What If It Isn't A Bad Hair Day...But Just Bad Hair?

If I were a man, I could shave my head and not worry. People would adore my shiny skull. Hey, it would go well with my hoop earrings, and maybe I could get one of those nose rings, too! Of course, it would mean having to shave every day. That would be a downfall. What if I cut my head in the process? They should make bandaids with bling. I mean, a bright, shiny gem would hide the blood and also show that I am a female.

But, since I don't have the guts to shave my head, I must deal with what God gave me. Hair. Hair that doesn't know what I want it to do. I've tried curly perms, loose perms, straight, color, short locks, medium locks, and long locks. Doesn't matter. It all looks the same...boring!!

For the past couple of days, I've used a large brush to blow dry. Result: hair that looks like it has never seen a conditioner...ever! Straw!!

Before, I used a smaller brush. Takes a long time and hair may not look like straw, but it looks as if it's never been styled. A mess of nothing.

I've tried letting it dry au naturale and it looks like I just got out of bed and forgot to comb it.

What's a gal to do?

I'm heading (pun intended) to a new hairdresser on Saturday. I don't know what to tell her to do with my hair. I want a style. A style that's me! What if me is nothing but a boring mess of (gasp) straw!

Maybe I should color my hair. When I did, it sure was easier to style. It had body and shine. Since I've let it go natural, it is so baby fine and uncontrollable that I can't do a thing with it. (Yeah, cliche intended).

I'm going to spend the day stressing over what to tell the hairdresser. Short? or Trim? I'm frightened. Very frightened...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: