Thursday, July 08, 2010

Confessions of an Author Who is Not a Mornning Person

I am so NOT a morning person. When I roll out of bed, my body and my voice do not want to work. I don't drink coffee. Instead, I stumble down the stairs, turn off the security alarm, retrieve the paper and climb back up the stairs. Then I head to the kitchen, out through the deck and down the stairs. (Luckily, our back yard is neighbor proof.) I feed the feral cats, give them fresh water, and climb back up the stairs. Grab a glass of ice water and head back down the stairs. I take my morning vitamins and head to my office.

By now my body is working much better, and my brain is waking up. I sift through emails, answer things that require immediate attention. Next, I view Facebook and see what's happening with my friends and family.

Then, I open Blogger. My brain is fully functioning and full of crazy ideas. I begin to type and whatever spills out becomes my blog for the day.

Next, I climb back up the stairs, try my voice by saying a few words to the hubby, and head for the shower.

Ah, now I feel alive. I'm ready to move into my day.

So, I'm off to the shower dear readers. Then back to reading the first 76 pages of my manuscript. I can tell you this. It's good! Reading and editing is how I shut the voices in my head telling me what I write is garbage. Slows me down, but keeps me on track.

Hope you have a great day!

No comments: