Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ever Have One of Those Nights When Your Dreams are Weird?

Ugh. Ever have one of those nights when your dreams are all twisted and weird? The worst part is those are the ones I wake up and remember so vividly.

I remember walking outside and seeing neighbors (a man and woman I've never seen before so why were they in my dream?) standing outside with paint brushes and swatches. They'd put blobs of paint which were an atrocious bright seafoam green blue on our siding. Apparently, my hubby had picked out new siding to have put on our house! Ugly!!!! And when I asked how much it would cost, they said $50,000. What??? I put my foot down and told hubby no way were we going to spend that kind of money on siding of any kind.

Then the dream kind of switched and I was in our family room with all kinds of odds and ends of furniture, bookcases, small tables, and our living room furniture as well. Everything was jumbled up and I was trying to rearrange and make it livable. An impossible task. Included among all this rubble was my ironing board! I struggled and kept trying to make it look decent and then my deceased mother (who in my dream was her mother) was down there with me and I was trying to make a corner for her to sit in a chair, have a light, and a table beside her.

I was very tired when I woke up to the sound of my furnace coming on. Last night our temps dropped to that ultimate freezing mark of 32 degrees Farenheit. The nice warm shower helped to warm my bones, but the dreams are still in the forefront of my mind.

Have you ever experienced really weird things in your dreams that made no sense at all? Care to share?

No comments: