Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Freaked Out!!

This morning, I set about updating my website to add my new book covers and purchase links. All seemed to be going well and then I pressed the "preview" button...
Yikes! Everything had been rearranged and my sidebar with the links to pages had disappeared.

Yes, I freaked out.  I managed to exit the program and at least my page was still standing, but I'd deleted things that had been on there before. Now, what would I do?

That's why I have a website administrator. Thank goodness for the wonderful talents of my web designer, Karen McCullough, Karen's Web Works.  She quickly went in and found that it wasn't my fault after all, but a "bug" in word press that she could work around.

I know many authors who design and maintain their own websites. I used to do that, but I soon realized that I'd never be able to keep up with all the internet changes. Karen designs several of my author friends sites as well.

If you're looking for a super web designer, please check out her site.

No comments: