Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's Tuesday!!!

In case you missed the post yesterday...today is the launch of "Tuesday's Challenge."

It's time to have some fun. Sharpen your creative skills and join me for Tuesday's Challenge. Each Tuesday, I'll post a new writing challenge, and one winner will be chosen each week. You'll have from Tuesday through Sunday to post your answer. Monday the winner will be announced here on the blog!

Spread the word to everyone you know. The challenges will be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! Post your answers here as comments on the blog.

The winner of the very first challenge will win a 2007 Monthly Planner to carry in your purse or to use at your desk. And the challenge is....

Give me your best with this starting line: "It was the most dreadful day of my life." You can write as much or as little as you want. Give me a true story or purely fantasy. Just have fun! Winner will be announced Monday, December 4!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the most dreadful day of my life.Friends, family, even old Mrs Jessop down the hall had abandoned me. What had persuaded me to go to the front door naked I can't imagine, but Fluffy's needs had seemed greater than mine at the time. Shower, or feline pee pee all over my floor. You'd have done the same in my position.
Of course I had been taken by surprise with that gust of wind from my open bedroom window. What woman wouldn't have been?Consequently, the front door had slamed shut right on my behind and now I was busy surprising my new neighbour who had moved in only yesterday.
Anyone would think he'd never seen a naked woman in an apartment block before.I tried to charm him with my wit and sophistication, but that's hard to do when you're hiding behind the fire extinguisher.I was hurridly making mental notes to move apartments...and soon.
To cut a long and embarrasing story short, my new neighbour eventually got hold of a spare key to my apartment and I continued with my morning routine. You know, clothes etc.
Settling down into my chair at work, I at last felt like my old, confident and clothed self. That was until... "Judge Karlson. I'd like to introduce you to Greg Philips. He's the new D.A. I don't believe you've met before".His green eyes danced with mischief "Good Morning Judge. Did you leave your extinguisher at home today?"
It was the most dreadful day and it was just getting worse.

Anonymous said...

ChristineColumbus@hotmail.com

"It was the most dreadful day of my life."

It was Monday, but this was no ordinary Monday. This was the day I was to be introduced to my “new” boss. If it wasn’t for Nancy “gossip” Smith, I wouldn’t have spent the weekend agonizing over the “new” boss, but as luck would have it at lunch on Friday Nancy rushed over told everyone sitting at the table that Dick Less had been hire for the job.

I’m now a Dick Less Administrative Assistant.