Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Shelving and Empowering

Like a movie script, Joshua's Hope has been meeting with the cutting room floor. I'm not really sure what's wrong, so rather than waste any more time, it's being shelved...for the time being.

Beautiful Deception characters have been whispering in my ear now for the past couple of weeks, so I've decided to let them tell their story. I've whittled and chopped at the first rough draft chapter and applied Margie Lawson's "Empowering Character Emotions" workshop. So...this is going to be a new experience for me. Instead of just dumping the rough, I'm going to experiment with spending the time to get most of it right the first time. That means analyzing every sentence.

How will I do this? Well, of course, I'll write it as the characters tell the story to me, but I'll be looking back over everything I write each day to "empower" it.

Wish me luck!

No comments: