Thursday, June 28, 2007

Author Interview with Shiela Stewart

**The deep maroon curtain raises and Carol Ann runs onstage.**

Good morning, Blog Studio Audience!

**applause, applause**

Oh, it's so great to be back in the studio again. Today I have a very special author lined up to chat with us. Not only is she stunningly beautiful, but she writes stunningly beautiful romance novels. Please put your hands together and help me welcome...Shiela Stewart!!

**audience stands and applauds as Shiela walks onstage. Her long auburn hair gleams beneath the bright lighting.**

CAROL ANN: Welcome, Shiela. I'm so glad that you were able to join us today.

SHIELA: I would like to say thank you, Carol Ann for this interview. I love your blog and find it very informative. I enjoy reading what other authors have to say.


CAROL ANN: Thank you, Shiela. That's so nice to hear. And I'm sure everyone is anxious to hear what you might have to say. I know I'm anxious to see what book you've brought to share with us. May I?

**Carol Ann reaches out and accepts the book from Shiela. She holds it up so the camera can pan in.**



CAROL ANN: What an intriguing cover. Please tell me about Secrets of the Dead.

SHIELA: Secrets of the Dead is a paranormal romance centered in a haunted house with a deep dark secret that one of the entities prefers to keep buried. Jessica Coltrane is a die-hard skeptic who believes that ghosts and paranormal activity are nothing more than a figment of some poor fool's overactive imagination, until she finds herself locked inside a house with the enigmatic paranormal investigator C.J. Dowling, that is.

C.J., born with the ability to see and speak to the dead, thought this would be a job like many others. Calm and self-assured, he knows his business. After all, he's been listening to the Secrets of the Dead since he was three. He's prepared for anything except the smart and sexy Jessica.

Working together in close quAarters, C.J. and Jessica find it's all too easy to get under one another's skin during the day. As darkness falls and the tension between them mounts, a spark is ignited. Fueled by passion they give into their desires. only C.J. and Jessica aren't alone.

As the light dawns the couple discovers they're trapped. Trapped with the ghost of a child long forgotten, an amorous entity that is threatening Jessica, and a powder keg of a spine-tingling mystery that might just be better left buried.

CAROL ANN: Oh, that sounds like a movie! I know this isn't your first novel. What was your first publication?

SHIELA: Kidnapped. It's a Contemporary Romance and was released last February, available in both EBook and Print. Mackenzie Tyrell is in a desperate need of money and kidnapping Elizabeth Crowmell seems like his only way to achieve it. He soon finds that abducting her isn't as easy as he'd thought when not only does she prove to be a handful, but he finds himself falling in love with her.

CAROL ANN: That one sounds intriguing. How many novels did you write before becoming published?

SHIELA: Believe it or not, I have over 70 novels written just waiting to be published. Some of them can be seen on my website with blurbs to give you a glimpse into the story, and the others are still begging to be put on the computer.

CAROL ANN: Where do you get your story ideas?

SHIELA: I have a vivid imagination, and those that don't come from my imagination have come from dreams I've had. I keep a pad and pen beside my bed for those dreams that wake me in the mjiddle of the night begging to be put to paper.

CAROL ANN: What does your writing space look like?

SHIELA: I work mostly on my laptop now, which is always in my living room beaside my favorite comfy chair. I have a beautiful view of some lovely trees and brilliantly blooming flowers outside my patio window that inspire me.

CAROL ANN: That sounds like a perfect setting in which to write romance. What does the word romance mean to you?

SHIELA: An intimacy and bond with one individual that no other can compare to. Romance, to me, is having my hubby show up with one long stemmed rose for absolutely no reason what so ever, or a quiet walk on a warm summer night with the sun setting, knowing you're with the one person in the world who matters the most to you.

CAROL ANN: I love asking that question. Everyone has a different, yet so similar answer. Tell me, how do you decide on a title for your books?

SHIELA: Mostly, they just come to me like the stories do. On ocassion when I struggle with a title, my husband and I brainstorm until we come up with the perfect title. With my series to be relaseased later this year, The Passion Series, the titles, Discovery, Escape and Mercy in Passion were a collaberation between my husband, my publisher and myself.

CAROL ANN: How wonderful that your hubby gets involved with your work. Do you have any pets?

SHIELA: Do I ever!

CAROL ANN: I've heard it said that people resemble their pets. Is that true for you?

SHIELA: LOL, if that were true, I would be one odd looking person. I have four cats of various breeds and colors, six Angel fish, three turtles and one Black Lab named Bella. I'll have to say no to my resembling any one of them. **Sheila laughs**

CAROL ANN: Ah, that's what they all say. **Carol Ann laughs** Okay, so you don't look like an angel fish for sure. Do you collect anything besides pets?

SHIELA: I used to collect Unicorns, though I haven't kept up with it as of late. I can't really remember how it got started, but it skyrocketed quite quickly. Before I knew it, everyone was giving me a unicorn. I've always had a love of hourses and I find the Unicorn not only lovely, but mysterious. And doesn't everyone like to slip into a fantasy world now and again?

CAROL ANN: I love unicorns and especially pegasus. I have written some children's stories about a fairy and a pegasus. Guess I like fantasy, too. I have just one more question to ask and then we'll have to go. The guy in the wings is giving me the slicing motion. **laugh** Do you believe the pen is mightier than the sword?

SHIELA: Yes I do.I find any form of comunication better than violence. Nothing is accomplished with bloodshed but so much can be learned from a few little words.

CAROL ANN: Shiela, thank you for joining us. I've enjoyed our time together. Before we leave, I'd like the audience to know they can learn more about your books by going to your website.

SHIELA: Thank you Carol. These were great questions, some of which I've never had before.

**The audience stands and applauds as Carol Ann and Shiela wave and walk off stage. The curtain slowly drops**

No comments: