Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Upcoming Author Interviews and.....

I am going to give the Snowflake method a try on this next novel I'm writing. I read through it and though we all have heard "outline, outline, outline", I've never been able to do it. I've tried other various methods of putting the story and characters together before I start, but basically I've been a "seat of the pants" writer. With this last manuscript, I've found some plot errors which I have to now correct during the edits. Would this have happened if I did a great job of plotting, character development and outlining first?? Probably not.

I'm not sure why I'm so averse to outlining. I do remember always hating to outline in school, too. I've always been an impatient person. I just want to dive into every project I tackle. Believe me, I've had a lot of hobbies over the years, and I did the same thing. Tackle first, read instructions later.

But, I am going to give this Snowflake Method a good try. Why not? If I keep on schedule...ack, I'm actually going to disclose this here which makes it like a goal to keep...I'll write three more novels before the end of the year!! Well, barring anything unforeseen, that is. Like procrastination. LOL!

Enough rambling. I am going to use this blog to post my daily accomplishments as I go through the Snowflake method. Maybe it will help me, and hopefully it will help or inspire someone else.

First though I have to finish the edits on Joshua's Hope. My goal is to begin the new novel on July 12. I even bought some new notebooks and matching pastel pens today to help keep me motivated.

And...I will have TWO author interviews in the blog studio this week. Shiela Stewart will be here on Thursday morning and Elaine Cantrell will be here on Saturday morning. I hope you'll all stop by then.

As for now...ta-ta!

No comments: