Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Organized Writer - Not!!!

Received a fantastic review from my boss last week. Excellent right down the line with nothing that needs improvement, strengths in everything...okay, he must really think highly of me, as he also said. One comment he made, that I was highly organized, made me stop and think.

I am very organized at work. So, why can't I apply that to my writing life? I have a calendar and I diligently write in every appointment, meeting, blog date, etc. Then I forget to check it! I can't begin to list the number of blog dates I've missed.

My desk at work...spotless. Everyone comments on how neat it is. My desk at home...totally hopeless. No matter how I try everything seems to wind up in my office and on my desk. I have to move things to find my keyboard!

And my files at work are so organized I can put my finger on everything I need at a moment's notice. Ack! I can't find anything in my desk drawers at home. Things are randomly stuck in folders, stacked in drawers and even on every available shelf space.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one!!

******************
I won't be posting for the next five days. Heading out with hubby tomorrow for a five day camping trip. Have finished book printed out for editing, plenty of red pens, a stash of books, sunscreen, bug repellent, and lounge chair. Ah, the joy of no commitments for five whole days. **sigh**

No comments: