Monday, July 23, 2007

Vox??? Copyright Infringement

Tonight I was googling my name, which I do frequently. I ran across a bunch of "vox" blogs that had my name attached. Why?

Someone had posted a story which Chicken Soup for the Soul contracted and published in three different books:

Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Mothers
Chicken Soup to Inspire A Woman's Soul
Chicken Soup for Mothers and Daughters II

The story was posted exactly as it was printed in Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Mothers, which is a small hard back book with pictures by Sharon J. Wolmuth. While I appreciate the blogger crediting the work to me, it is copyrighted material and permission must be granted by the publisher for it to be reproduced.

So now I must go join Vox so I can post a comment asking this blogger to remove the material.

No comments: