Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Kindness Matters

Our Pastor gave a sermon last Sunday that inspired me to blog on the topic of kindness. When I was new to the internet and websites (a few years ago), I established a personal website and joined a group that tasked members to perform one random act of kindness (on the internet) each day. Imagine receiving a message in your guestbook or on your blog that simply made you smile. I had many angels give me messages that brought a smile to my heart, and I hope I did the same by the messages I left for others.

Today, our media seems intent on broadcasting “doom and gloom” events, rather than focusing on positive acts. It’s easy to become depressed over the state of the world. It’s easy to get caught up in griping and complaining. It’s easy to blame others for our own misery. And the cycle continues, infesting all those around us like a virus infiltrating our minds. Are you part of the problem? Do you see these attributes as part of your personality?

If you answered no, then you are a much better christian than I. If you answered yes, then you have the power to change your outlook. All it takes is performing an act of kindness. Kindness matters.

When was the last time you made a decision to add a bit of kindness to someone’s life? I’d like to task everyone who reads my blog to make a conscious effort to perform just one random act of kindness each and every day, whether in person or on the internet.

Make 2008 your year to make a difference in your life and in the lives of others! I’m signing up. How about you?

Happy New Year!! May God bless you and yours. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: