Friday, February 15, 2008

Saddened Heart, The Check, and Gazelle Edge

I have a dear friend, a wonderful writing coach and editor, who is one of the strongest women I know. She's a great writer, but in the past years, she's spent the majority of the time caring for her husband, who was wheelchair bound after suffering a severe stroke. Two weeks ago he was in the hospital suffering from bleeding ulcers. She brought him home again and just a couple days later her sister was hospitalized and died on Monday. A very sad time, and while she was making arrangements for the funeral, her husband became sick again. I just learned that he died this morning. What a terrible tragedy. I'm just heartsick. I ask for any who feel called to pray for Lee.

I contacted the company who sent me check erroneously. They asked if I would mail it back to them. I did some research on the internet and I think I found the name of the person who should have been paid. The articles appeared in a June issue of Memory Makers Magazine, which is a scrapbooking magazine. I feel so much better now that I can send it back!

And for the Gazelle Edge we bought a few weeks ago. Wow! I love it. I can already tell the difference in my body. It's toning my legs, back, arms and abs. I'm up to doing 30 minutes now, which equates to a little over 2 miles. By moving my hands at different levels on the handles I can increase the workout on my upper body. This is the best piece of exercise equipment we've ever purchased!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: