Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What Would You Do?

Last week our pastor spoke about forgiving. He said we should forgive others, just as God forgave us. I admit, I struggle with this myself. I know what I should do, but it's easier said than done.

It might be easy to forgive the little things, but I wonder how one would forgive a person for murdering their child, their spouse, or other loved one? If we are to forgive our enemies, would God expect us to forgive serial killers? Is it possible for anyone to truly forgive a heinous crime against another?

I'd like to write a book that deals with this issue. How would a Christian deal with forgiving someone who walked into church one Sunday and killed several people, including their spouse and child?

I need to understand how one could go about learning to forgive before I will ever be able to write a story about true forgiveness.

Colossians 3:13 "You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: