Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"How Do You Do It?"

I'm always humbled when my hubby tells someone that I am an author and I see the change that comes over whomever we are speaking to (usually a stranger). I used to be the same way. To me authors were celebrities. I'm not a celebrity. I'm not famous. I'm not someone to be looked up to. I'm only a woman.

I write because that's what I do. God has given me a gift and I share that with the world in my writing. How do I fit that in with my "real" life? The answer: sometimes I don't. I work full-time. That is a necessity, and my job is a gift from God. I have a family who needs me. That is a gift from God. I have a church family and I give of myself when I can. That is a gift from God. Putting them all into perspective as to which comes first...writing has to take a back seat.

Accepting that is the first step in "balancing" my life. There have always been commitments. With eight children, our challenges have always been mixed blessings. But we survived, we continue to survive and meet each day with a prayer for all He had given us.

I hope you find the balance in your life. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: