Monday, July 28, 2008

The Buddy System

I have to admit that I've probably tried every weight loss gimmick around over the years. Nothing works, at least not for long. I know the key is to eat better and exercise, but doing that takes will power I don't have. I suppose it's like any addiction, you have to be ready in order to succeed.

One of my writing friends and I have made a commitment together to lose weight. We are going for ten pounds to start. We're tracking everything we eat in a daily journal and reporting in to each other daily. There are two other friends at work who are trying to lose weight, too, so we have started to walk on our breaks. I feel so much better after walking. I go back to my desk energized.

Anyway I lost two pounds this first week. That's incentive for me to continue.

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: