Friday, July 11, 2008

Exercise and Writing

What do the two have to do with each other? A lot. Before I started writing seriously, I remember reading articles about authors who went for walks in the morning and dictated into a microrecorder. Walking, they said, cleared their heads and opened them for bursts of creativity.

Too many times I sit at my computer and read emails, study course material and "think" about what I should be writing. However, if I take time to do a little exercise before I sit down to write, I find my brain energized and ready to work.

My day job requires me to spend eight hours a day on the computer. I try to remember to get up and walk around at least once an hour. However, I forget to do that when I'm in my home office at night. So, starting today, I'm going to make some changes about exercise. No longer will I think of it as an unwanted task, but as a part of my writing success.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: