Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Good and Bad Middles

I always have trouble writing the middle of my stories. The reason is I want to wrap everything up too soon. I've been thinking about this and came to the conclusion this is true of many things. For instance:

My mid section. I have trouble slimming it down. I embark on many different paths to make progress, but I'm impatient and want instant results. Then there's the middle of a long drive. I'm always excited about heading out on an adventure, but about midway I look at how much farther I have to drive and the excitement wanes. Then there's the middle of a book I'm reading. I'm so into the book by then that I want to know how it's going to end, but I'm dreading having it be over. **sigh** Middles are always a problem for me.

Or...wait! There's the middle of an Oreo. Yum! That's not a problem. Or the middle of a Toosie Pop! The middle of a chocolate candy! Uh-oh. Um, these are all food related. So I guess that leads back to why I have a problem with my mid-section.

Hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: