Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday - Second Day of the Week

I've always considered Monday to be the first day of the week and Sunday as the last. Sunday was the LAST day of my weekend, Monday was the FIRST day I had to return to work. Looking at Sunday in that light, by afternoon and evening, I became a litle depressed knowing it would be over soon. Yesterday our Pastor talked about this, about how we come to church with so many pressing things on our minds and forget to be still and listen to God. He said we should look at Sunday as the first day of our week. Sunday we should listen to God and be refreshed and renewed in our faith and in God's never-ending love.

How do you look at your week?

I'm hoping that I can go through today, the second day of the week, with a happy step knowing that I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Happy birthday to my little brother in Texas! I wish I could be with you today, but I'm there in spirit. I love you.

Happy belated birthday to my grandson in Texas, Lackland Air Force base. God bless you for all you are and all you do.

No comments: