Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oh, Poor Jason!

I admit it. I watched the Bachelorette. I had picked out Jason for Diyanna from the very beginning. It warmed my heart to see him falling for her and I thought I saw the same thing from her. Last night after she took them to meet her family, I felt certain she'd pick Jason over Jessie. Jason has his life in order. He's a loving father, a romantic, and stable. Jessie, a free spirit, doesn't even know what he wants to be when he grows up. The suspense ratcheted up when the first limo pulled up. When Jason stepped out, I felt devastated. I knew he was going to be hurt...hurt bad.

After watching the "After the Rose" segment, I know Jessie and Diyanna are in love with each other...or in love with the idea of being in love. I wish them well.

But Jason is broken hearted. I could feel his pain as he talked to Diyanna and tried to get answers to his questions. I got a little sick of hearing her say "The last thing I wanted to do was make you feel like I felt with Brad." Okay, I think he got that. But she kept saying that over and over again. All as if she were trying to remove the guilt she felt. Hey, it's a show. They go on there knowing the chances they take. No need to feel guilty for falling in love. But at least have the decency to tell the other person what happened.

I keep thinking this would make a wonderful romance book. I just have to figure out how to structure it. Hmmm....the wheels are turning.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Penny Rader said...

I've never watched this show till this season. Some of the guys left me cold, but some of the them seemed like really great guys. As I watched the show I kept wondering how it would turn out if I were writing it as a romance novel.

Graham was smoking hot and I could see the physical attraction between the two of them, but you need more than physical to maintain an always and forever relationship.

Fred was a sweetheart. I would have loved to learn more about him.

Jesse seemed like an interesting guy and I like they started as friends and then built from there.

I especially liked Jason. He seems like such a great guy. Always smiling, affectionate, cuddly. I hoped she would she choose him. But, I can't see inside her heart.

I hope she and Jesse will be happy. They are so different from each other though. It'll be interesting to see how their future progresses.

I've never watched The Bachelor, but if they choose Jason, Fred, or Graham as The Bachelor(s), I'll watch it.