Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Review for Joshua's Hope

Sometimes reviews come out of the blue. It's amazing how they work. My publisher sends them out about a month before the books release to a huge list of review sites. I've had recent reviews come in for Foxfire which released in January of 2007. One never knows when to expect a review. The worst part about waiting is the self-doubt. I worry that my "baby" is horrible, that no one will like it, that I shouldn't even be writing. It never fails that I think of something I should have written differently in the book. **sigh** But then a review comes in and **gasp** the reader liked it! What a wonderful feeling. It's worth so much more than any amount of money (which is good because authors don't write to get rich...well, unless you are one of the favored few who constantly hit the New York Times list).

Here is the review.

Title: Joshua's Hope

Author: Carol Ann Erhardt

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Inspirational White Rose

212 pages Sweet

8/29/2008

1-60154-321-2

Blurb:


Hope Courtland escaped her marriage to save her life. Her only regret is leaving her four-year-old stepson, Joshua, behind. Though she wants custody, no attorney is willing to tackle her ex-husband in a custody battle. Hope's faith begins to falter. She learns that Joshua is paying the consequences for her freedom, and in an act of desperation, she kidnaps him. Suddenly, she becomes a suspect in her ex-husband's murder.

Zack Stone is content to be sheriff of Pine Cove, Tennessee, where the worst conflict he deals with is handing out speeding tickets. Though his faith is strong, he struggles with issues of forgiveness surrounding his wife's death. When he rescues Hope in a rainstorm, the last thing he expects is to find a woman who stirs his heart. Being a small town sheriff shouldn't involve kidnapping and murder, but Zack can't turn his back on Hope and the little boy she loves.

Review:


Having never read anything by this writer before, I wondered what to expect – would I be happy or disappointed?


Well, I can honestly say that I really enjoyed Joshua's Hope. It has all the ingredients necessary for a good story: mystery, suspense and romance.

The book is very cleverly plotted, and bowls along at a fast pace. The characters are so clearly drawn you immediately have a rapport with them and feel you could be friends, should you meet, although there are a couple of characters I wouldn't want to meet on a dark night – or even in daylight, come to that.

I didn't intend to read the book in one sitting but I did – it was hard to put down – a real page turner.

I look forward to reading more of Carol Ann Erhardt's work.

Reviewed by Mawgana

The review was from Writers and Readers of Distinctive Fiction. Click here for the main site link. My review is posted on their blog "Between the Lines" blog under the WDRF Reviews. Be sure to check out the other great books that have been reviewed.

On Thursday, I'll be interviewing inspirational author Lena Dooley on my blog. And if you missed it, be sure to check out Patti Lacy's interview from last Thursday.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: