Friday, October 31, 2008

Hosting Server Issues---What's Going On?

My internet hosting provider seems to have disappeared off the net. What's going on?

I haven't received emails since yesterday around 6AM. Tried to access my account and can't bring up the pages, nor the pages of other people I know are hosted there. So I tried to log into PowWeb direct...nope. Waited all night and tried again today. Nothing.

I'm concerned that they have gone belly up or something. Who knows with the economy the way it is. Sad thing...I updated my webpages and didn't download them to my computer. I'm praying the site will be back up sometime today, but who knows?

In the meantime, I'm going to look around for another host. I have five months left on my account with Powweb, so (crossing fingers) if they come back online, I'll try and wait before moving everything over.

My question of the day...if you know anything about Powweb, please leave me a comment. If you know of a reliable host that isn't too expensive, please leave me a comment.

Sorry for whining today, but I'm bummed out. Especially since this is my birthday and it's not supposed ot start out being ugly.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Delana said...

Odd. It's not PowWeb because I can get to your site, the main PowWeb Ops login page, and Paul and I aren't having any issues at all with our e-mail. Have you changed anything in your computer settings? Could be something with your internet service provider instead of your website host.

piyush23 said...

It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made.Website Hostings

Divya Gupta said...

I read you post if in future you face same problem you must call your internet provider!!
Hosting Service