Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Who Hid the Macaroni?

I make a daily menu and from that I do create my grocery shopping list. But, sometimes I do forget an item or two. Tonight, we were going to have a side dish of macaroni and cheese...from a box.

Hubby called today and asked what was for dinner. I told him to check the menu. He got all excited when he saw macaroni and cheese. He loves my homemade version. But, tonight I was on a tight schedule, thus the "fake stuff" was on the menu.

When I arrived home, hubby said you're making homemade mac and cheese, right? My negative response had him moaning because he said he had his taste buds set on the good stuff. Toooo bad.

I began making preparations and reached to remove the macaroni and cheese box from the shelf to find...there wasn't any! I was certain I had purchased at least one box on my latest shopping expedition. **sigh** Well, hubby got his wish. I created the dish from scratch.

I just wonder if I'll find that box sitting in a hidden alcove one day. It wouldn't surprise me if hubby has hidden it from me.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: