Monday, February 16, 2009

High Blood Sugar

I went to the doctor last Wednesday for my six month checkup. He told me my cholesterol was fantastic, my blood pressure was fantastic, and I was doing a great job with my exercise and weight loss regime...but...

My blood sugar is high. If I don't get it down, I'll become diabetic. I've been concerned about the numbers for over a year, and they aren't getting any lower. My last count was 118, and 125 is considered diabetic.

I'm making a change to my diet and hoping that, combined with exercise, will help to bring it back in line.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

************
Also, I've reopened my Keeping Hope Alive blog. You'll find the link on my website (click here). I've issued a challenge that I hope everyone will accept. Stop by and check it out.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Hi Carol

Watch your carbs - when not burned up, carbs turn to sugar then fat.

My husband has been diabetic for years and, being a rice-and-gravy-man, this is one of the hardest things for him.

Oh and don't forget - By HIS stripes you are healed, by HIS blood you are made whole - from the top of your head to the soles of your feet, from fingertip to fingertip.

Good luck with it!

PamT