Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Preparing for Construction Mess

I love my ideas for remodeling and the end results. What I don't like is the mess in between. **sigh**

Since Mom is coming to live with us, we need to provide her a way to shower. We found a great shower insert which will fit exactly in the area where our now combo tub/shower is in the full bathroom upstairs. So, that means, hubby must take out one row of ceramic floor tiles, put shut-off valves on the pipes, reroute the drain system (which means work in the lower half-bath), and then he can take out the old and put in the new. Then he'll have to relay the tile. Ugh! He told me he'll have to make the bathroom access wall to the pipes (which is in my office) larger. Oh, no!

He's trying to prepare me...but I'm already freaking out. LOL!

We also have to move my office from upstairs to the downstairs spare bedroom and move that furniture upstairs. What was I thinking?

Oh, and I want to replace the ancient rod iron bannister with a wooden one. Hmm. That means we'll have to replace the carpet, too. It's time since it is over 20 years old. Not only am I going to have a big hole in my wallet, but I must have a hole in my head as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Delana said...

You sound like me. LOL I just want to wiggle my nose like Samantha and have it all done. Let Paul and I know if you need any help with the remodeling ... and let us know when you're planning on going to pick Gramma up. We are going to go with you because we don't want you two doing this all by yourselves.

Unknown said...

i like the my house and mom . the house furniture is really well. the bathroom material is pipe electrical product is a well . the kift furniture product.

home furnishing in chennai