Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taglines, Brands...Who Am I?

I'm supposed to have the perfect tag line that brands me as a unique author. There are so many different views on how to brand yourself. The tag line should identify your name with what you write so the reader can tap right into who you are.

Well, funny, ha-ha! I don't know who I am half the time. I'm a child of God, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter, an Executive Assistant, and a writer. Even as a writer, I'm not sure exactly who I am. I just love to write. Most of what I write is suspenseful. So, my website is geared to the romantic suspense element. BUT...I also write inspirational romantic suspense. So, who am I?

This reminds me of the perfect country western song. All you need to do is write a song about cheating, drinking, mothers, dogs, pick-up trucks, and jail. **snicker**

Some readers view romance authors as wealthy, bon-bon eating eccentrics who have little yippy dogs, and tons of affairs. Not so. Unfortunately romance authors have day jobs, home commitments, cook, clean, and find very little time for writing, let alone romance.

Maybe I'm thinking of this tag line thing all wrong. Maybe I should look at what I would aspire to be instead of who I really am.

*sigh* I'll have to sleep on it.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: