Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You're Never Too Old to Fall Out of Bed

I learned that this morning.

Pleasantly dreaming of the next scene in my chapter, I was rudely awakened by the blaring alarm clock. When it reached through the fogginess of my sleep-deprived mind, I rolled over to hit the shut off button.

(Side Note) I have been wearing wrist braces on both arms at night because of some pain I've been experiencing. These have metal splints on both sides and look a bit like the ones that bowlers wear.

Back to story. Anyway my brace didn't stablize when it hit my night stand and instead slid across the wood and knocked off the phone. Both of my legs cramped at the same time and I wound up on the floor. There I sat, legs stretched out, unhurt, with the alarm blaring through my head. Hubby jumped out of bed. Cats yowled. I couldn't believe I had just fallen out of bed!

I'm writing this blog now and still laughing at the silliness of the situation. Geesh! Maybe we do revert back to childhood as we grow older.

I know our children sometimes become just like us. My daughter is seriously in contention to take of my "crazy cat lady" title. Check out her blog entry for an "awww" moment. http://delanaknits.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a laugh at my expense today!

No comments: