Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Eeew...That Was Scary!

Sometimes I frighten myself when my mind starts picturing deep, dark, villains. I wonder why it's so easy to identify with characters who are twisted. Once I made myself cry in writing the background for the villain in Hit and Run. His childhood was so horrid, so terrifying, that it really upset me. I could identify with him and I knew why he did what he did.

Villains come easy to me, but the hero and heroine aren't as easy to dream up. Their motivation needs to be strong. Their goals drive the story. So, why can't I identify with them as easily as the villain?

I'm a writer. I live in my imagination a lot of the time. But when I'm there, sometimes I frighten myself.

The book I'm working on now has a villain I can identify with. I wake up sometimes knowing he's breathing somewhere inside my brain. Eeew, that's scary!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: