Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This summer has been filled with some memorable moments.

The first really memorable moment happened on May 23, when my grandon married his lovely bride in Blacklick Park. The day was bittersweet in many ways. This would be a "good" memory.

The morning after the wedding, my hubby, my daughter and son-in-law and I traveled to southern Illinois to move my mother. She's now living with us and what a blessing to be able to take some burdens from her shoulders. Seeing her house the way it had deteriorated was one of the "ugly" memories, and saying goodbye to all the years there was a "bad" memory.


Attending my first RWA conference was definitely a "good" memory. The landscaping around the D.C. hotel was breathtaking.

Attending the literacy booksigning at the conference was beyond description. I've never seen such a vast array of authors!

Visiting with the grandchildren was another really "good" memory. Gosh, they grow so fast, but they bring so many smiles with their antics.


A day spent at Deer Creek with hubby was another "good" memory. I had a great time writing on my book while hubby fished.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Diane Craver said...

Carol,
Your pictures are beautiful. Mine don't load that quickly on my blog like yours.

You do NOT look old enough to have a married grandson.

Liked how you shared your good and bad memories.

I haven't attended RWA conference - glad you got to go.