Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ack!!!! Dandelion Warriors!

This morning I'm sitting here in my pajammas worrying about what to write on my blog. What a life!

I realize that's not something to make you smile, but it sure makes my face muscles work!

All my other muscles are sore from doing yard work. Yesterday I spent several hours using my new yard tool to pull dandelions. I've never seen so many. You know how the farmers say, "It's a good year for corn!"?  Yep, well in my opinion, "It's a good year for dandelions!"

Some of them have rooted four and five in one clump. Monster mutant dandelions. Tough buggers to get out, and they look fearsome. In fact, I think I heard one of them giving instructions to another to dive deep and hide in the tunnel.

They have grown immune to the liquid weed killers. They fake death, lying in a huge irregular round circle on the ground, but underneath... *shiver*  They have built huge hideouts where they laugh at my attempts to seek them out.

When I was a kid, I loved dandelions. Big beautiful fields of yellow flowers. What fun when they would grow fluffy white heads and we could blow them and watch them fly away in the wind. Little did I know that I was preparing myself for a future of fighting armies of dandelions bent on vengeance.

I even dreamed about them last night. Huge, hulking yellow flowers wearing green armor, marching into the back yard to launch an attack against me for trying to take out their trapped soldiers. Ack!!!

All right, I'm not smiling any longer. I think I'll go upstairs and fortify myself with a nice hot cup of tea.

Thanks for stopping by, and if you need a smile today, think of me battling the dandelions!

No comments: