Thursday, May 06, 2010

Ah, If Only...

I've been sitting at this computer for an hour and forty-five minutes trying to get caught up on all my obligations. I had promised a critique to a friend who is entering a contest, so I had to write that and send it off. Then came emails. Lots of emails because of the RWA conference changing from Nashville to Orlando. That means I can't go as planned because it isn't in driving distance. RWA board did a fantastic job of relocating and keeping the same dates. All this was accomplished in just a few short days! Miraculous! I'd love to go to Orlando. I have so many fond memories of the last time hubby and I stayed at a Walt Disney resort. We had a blast. I've always dreamed of going back, but alas, with hubby's health he can't travel any longer. I could leave him for a few days, but there is no way I will fly. Well, I can't flap my arms and soar on air currents, but I mean I won't utilize an airline to transport me. I used to fly all the time in a previous job and I didn't like it then. Now that I don't have to fly, I'm not going to put myself through that. Driving for two days is not my cup of tea. That's too long on the road. I guess I've become a home body. I love my home, my yard, my hubby, my pets...I have no desire to leave the comfort of "my little world."

When our life circumstances change, it's hard to not long to do things we can no longer do. But, if we look for the beauty in what we do have, we make our own happiness or depression. I prefer happiness. I look outside at the sunshine, the beautiful green grass and trees, growing flowers, and neighbor's homes, and I realize I have everything that I need. Thank you, Lord, for your blessings.

Now, I still have a lot of obligations to tend to...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: