Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Best Friends, Laptops, and Furry Babies

Quote for the Day: The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

What I'm Reading: Cup of Joe by Teri Wilson

Picture of the Day:

We brought our fur babies home when they were eight weeks old. This is Charlotte. I received an email from our vet on Sunday. Our fur babies are now seven year old! Hard to believe. They grow much faster than our human babies.

Yesterday, I finally got a handle on the "overwhelmed" state of my life. I feel like I accomplished quite a lot, including mowing the lawn and weeding. Today seems manageable. The only thing I wish to do is write, so I allow myself the morning to tend to a few writing tasks, which helps me face the mundane everyday tasks.

What a gorgeous day in Ohio yesterday! I sat on the deck for two hours with my laptop and wrote. It's my favorite place to be, especially when my laptop accompanies me. Making progress toward writing "the end."

Currently, I'm taking an online writing course on "Writing Body Language and Dialogue Cues Like a Psychologist" taught by Margie Lawson. What a fantastic class, and very timely. I'm using all the lectures to power up my current manuscript. Margie's classes are always dynamite, and I mean that in the best way. She inspires me to "do it better." So, now I'm off to the mundane, so I can get back to the joy of writing.

Tomorrow I have lunch with my very best friend. And the quote above says it all about our relationship.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: