Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dead Keyboard Grumbling

Another rainy day. Rainy with brief appearances of sun. Makes for a very humid atmosphere. I wanted to mow the lawn today. It's getting so long that I'll have a rough time when I can actually get the task completed.

Speaking of tasks, I finally finished all contest entries. Hurray. It's so hard to judge other people's work when based on specific parameters. I tried to be as open and positive as possible. Some of my contest entries came back with such negative comments that I wanted to throw a chair through my monitor. But, I put it all in perspective and persevered. I hope that others do the same thing, but I do believe that judges should focus on giving constructive criticism and pointing out things that are done well.

Today, I'm battling a nasty headache. Top that with my favorite wireless split-key keyboard rolling over and kicking up its feet like a possum on the side of the road. Ugh. Yesterday, while I pounded at the keys I looked up and saw...NOTHING on the screen!!!  What???  I checked all the connections, replaced the batteries, rebooted numerous times, but it remained uncommunicative. I plugged in the standard keyboard which came with the computer and it worked fine. Now, I'm limited to typing slowly in an unnatural hand position. I guess that means a trip to the office supply store later.

Nothing exciting to talk about today, so I'll stop rambling. I'll focus my energy on editing today. Believe me, you wouldn't have been able to read this post, if I hadn't made numerous changes as I typed.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for listening to my grumbles today.

No comments: