Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't Forget to Thank a Veteran Today

Happy Veteran's Day!

Today, be sure to say thank you to our military for all they do and have done to protect our freedom. Because of them, I have the freedom to post on my blog whenever I feel like it. I have the freedom to say what I think. I have the freedom to worship and to shout for joy whenever I feel overwhelmed with blessings. There are so many things to say thank you for, that I can't begin to list them all.

My father died at the young age of 19 while serving as a naval gunman on The Liddle, a ship attacked by a kamikaze pilot. I never knew my father, but I love him for giving all for his country. My grandfather served in the Army in World War I. My stepfather served in the Army in World War II. My husband served in the Air Force after the Korean War. My stepson served in the Army during Desert Storm. My grandson serves in the Air Force and is coming home in December.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all Veterans, active and non-active, alive and living with Jesus. Thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying that all Veterans feel our appreciation for them & what they have done today!

Linda J. said...

Beautiful thoughts and words - honouring your Military men and women as I honour our own here in Australia.
We will remember.

Linda xx

desitheblonde said...

MY GRAND PARENT BOTH GRAMPA WERE
IN THE MILLtary AND DAD AND BOTHERS
ALL SERVED

Carol Ann said...

Thanks for commenting everyone! Yesterday I hugged my husband and told him Happy Veteran's Day. There are too many people who don't honor our men and women who serve their countries. I'm happy that I have readers who do! God bless you!

GladysMP said...

I attended a Veteran's Day celebration today at a local church. There was lots of patriotic music. Everyone was given a small flag to wave. The songs for each branch of the service was played and those connected in any way to that branch of service was to stand while their song was played. Patriotic stories were read. It was a great time by all. The room looked great with all the red, white and blue decor.