Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My New "Get Healthy" Regime

The steps I'm taking this year to get healthy:

  • I've been working on removing all carbonated beverages from my diet. Water is replacing the cold cans of diet cola I've been drinking for years. I haven't reached the NO carbonated beverages yet, but I've managed to get down to one every day or so.
  • The next major step is to stop eating after dinner. I've gotten into a habit of eating a package of whole wheat and cheddar crackers just before I go to sleep. The reason I'd started the habit is to make sure that my sugar level wouldn't drop and wake me.
  • Dinners are becoming more healthy as well. We eat only frozen or fresh vegetables, no canned vegetables.
  • We eat grilled fish at least once a week, sometimes twice. And with that we eat brown and long-grain wild rice.
  • I'm adding exercise to my day, but not excessively. A half-hour on the treadmill or on the Gazelle while watching television. And adding the Sketchers Shape-Ups to aid with all the steps I normally take, I'm hoping this will also help with the toning.
  • When I reach for a snack between meals, I am stopping to ask the FLAB question as seen on Dr. Oz show:  Am I...Frustrated, Lonely, Anxious, or Bored? If the answer is yes, nothing I eat will help!
So, are you on a diet or get healthy regime for 2011? If so, what are you doing?
I will give out another of my post it note holders to someone who comments on this blog post. (See picture on my 1/11/11 blog post.) I'll draw names next Tuesday and announce the winner here. I'm really excited to learn any new tips you might have which can help me on my goal!

No comments: