- I've been working on removing all carbonated beverages from my diet. Water is replacing the cold cans of diet cola I've been drinking for years. I haven't reached the NO carbonated beverages yet, but I've managed to get down to one every day or so.
- The next major step is to stop eating after dinner. I've gotten into a habit of eating a package of whole wheat and cheddar crackers just before I go to sleep. The reason I'd started the habit is to make sure that my sugar level wouldn't drop and wake me.
- Dinners are becoming more healthy as well. We eat only frozen or fresh vegetables, no canned vegetables.
- We eat grilled fish at least once a week, sometimes twice. And with that we eat brown and long-grain wild rice.
- I'm adding exercise to my day, but not excessively. A half-hour on the treadmill or on the Gazelle while watching television. And adding the Sketchers Shape-Ups to aid with all the steps I normally take, I'm hoping this will also help with the toning.
- When I reach for a snack between meals, I am stopping to ask the FLAB question as seen on Dr. Oz show: Am I...Frustrated, Lonely, Anxious, or Bored? If the answer is yes, nothing I eat will help!
I will give out another of my post it note holders to someone who comments on this blog post. (See picture on my 1/11/11 blog post.) I'll draw names next Tuesday and announce the winner here. I'm really excited to learn any new tips you might have which can help me on my goal!