Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Th-th-that's ICE!!!

I stepped out the front door this morning, bundled in my long heavy coat and boots, to a solid skating rink. I slid my feet very slowly in order to make my way down the sidewalk, between the car and truck and along the carport to the back yard in order to feed the feral cats. I thought I had closed the gate yesterday, but God must have been watching out for me. The gate stood open. If it had been closed, no way could I have opened it. The latch was completely iced shut. One of the slipperiest places was on the gravel under the water faucet. But, I managed to give food and water to the poor animals, who are smart enough to stay in the sheltered area under the deck. The worst of the storm is coming tomorrow, bringing the snow, lots of snow, moving toward us from the Texas area. Texas? They never get snow! Well, rarely.

It appears the parking lots, driveways, and sidewalks and county/rural roads are the worst. I'm just grateful I don't have to go out today. I'd have to chisel my car out of about a 1/4 inch of ice!  Truly, I'd much rather deal with snow than ice.

But, this is Ohio, where the weather changes constantly. Later today we are supposed to get extremely heavy rain. Lots and lots of rain. That should take care of the ice...well, I'm hoping! Then, tomorrow we are supposed to get hit with snow, lots and lots of snow.

I'm going to sit and enjoy the change of weather from the warmth and safety of my home!

No comments: