Thursday, February 03, 2011

Happy Birthday, Groundhogs, and Weight Watchers

Today is a special day. It's my baby's birthday! I won't tell you how old she is today, but I will say she's a beautiful woman, and a mother of four beautiful children.

How did it get to be February 3rd? Seems like last week I was preparing for Thanksgiving dinner and feeling depressed about the long winter months ahead. Now, it's one day after the groundhog didn't see his shadow, foretelling an early spring. Somehow, I don't quite believe in that fairy tale!

I confessed last week on Facebook that I'd joined Weight Watchers online program. After praying and asking God to help me lose the weight, He guided me to the program. I'm finding it easy to follow, and realize that tracking food and exercising are the keys to success. I'm eating better, having the will power to avoid all the fattening things I used to enjoy, and enjoying walking on my treadmill. I've lost six pounds in the first two weeks. What I especially enjoy is eating foods I like. I don't feel like I'm on a diet, and I don't get hungry.

Today is laundry day, and in my spare time I'm continuing to develop the back stories for the characters in my novel. The ice is gone, the wind is gone, all that's left is cold weather. I can handle that since it's only going to be a few weeks until spring...if I believe the groundhog.

No comments: