Monday, July 17, 2006

I Hate Mondays!!

So, after the wonderful vacation it's back to work Monday. Enter to an overflowing mailbox, overflowing email box, and . . . now, where's my desk? Oh, there it is under the piles of new "to do's."

The first thing that happened was finding my desk wouldn't unlock. The key turned, but the drawers remained locked. Phone call, answer phone. Someone wants to schedule a meeting room. Open the online meeting room scheduler . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . won't open. Wait, I can just take the information and call you back, Mr. Caller. But, wait, I can't do that because my desk won't open so I can get a pen!!!! Sigh.

Open briefcase, take out pen, get info on room. Call office manager to unlock my desk. Book room for Mr. Caller. And then, my day began . . . reality is a bummer!!

Finally, day ends and I get to come home in the scorching heat to my wonderfully air-conditioned house only to find . . . you got it . . . the power had failed sometime during the day. Luckily it's back on now, but both air filters failed on the two fish tanks. Work to get them back up and running before the fish croak. Three cats meowing and doing figure eights around my legs, begging for their canned treat. Feed the cats. Open all the junk mail and run the new checks all the loan companies want to give me through the shredder. Now I can change clothes.

Ah, yes, the computer crashed during the power outage. Fire that baby up to make sure I haven't lost my latest draft (which I should have saved onto a CD last night). And luck is still my friend, for it is up and running. Should make a copy of my latest draft onto CD, but need to update my blog before starting dinner.

I'm starving and my head is pounding . . . gotta remember to make a copy of my latest draft onto a CD later . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to WRP - I'm originally from Columbus (Grove City) :) Must have been in the air today. My phone started ringing and wouldn't stop--Neither of my lines carried an incoming call, yet it rang and rang. At least it's over.

Carol Ann said...

Hi Marty! I have a daughter who lives in Grove City. I'm in the far east suburbs of Columbus. Glad to be with you in WRP.

Carol Ann said...

Yay! You caught that! And they do so perfectly portray the characters. Wilbur is a big fluffy maine coon, very loving and meek. Templeton is into everything and he is always talking back when you scold him. He has to have the last word. Charlotte is a tiny female who is always trying to keep the peace. She and Wilbur are the best of friends, but sometimes she and Templeton have a tiff.